Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Welcome Morgan and Riley!

So needless to say I have been a little too busy to blog in the last couple of weeks, but I am happy to report the reason for my business is the birth of our twin boys Morgan and Riley!

They were born via planned C-section on August 1st 2012.
Morgan came out first.  He was breech and a big boy.  He weighed 7lbs 7oz and was 19 1/4inches long.  He came out screaming....it was a beautiful sound!
Riley was next.  He was headfirst and just a little peanut.  He weighed 5lbs 15oz and was 18 inches long.  He had a little trouble catching his breath and had to spend a couple of hours in the nursery, but now he has a set of lungs on him with no problem using them!

It was so nice to go into this birth fully aware.  When I had Evan I had already been in labor for so long that I had a lot of drugs in my system so I did not hear him or was even aware until the middle of the first night.  With Morgan and Riley I heard the whole thing and saw them right away and it was AMAZING!

We spent 2 nights in the hospital, everything went swimmingly and are now at home establishing our lives as a family of 5!

My mom has been with us from the beginning and she is amazing!  She has been such a tremendous help and it will be sad to see her go home :-(

Here are pictures from the first week:

Proud Nana

Morgan always in blue and Riley in green

Getting ready to go home

Big brother excited to take his brothers home

Wide eyed Riley

Peaceful Morgan

Evan and Morgan

Morgan

Proud big brother

Evan and Riley

Tiny Riley

Riley

Holding Riley for the first time

Riley

Sharing the swing

My boys

So cuddly and cute
Tony and I are completely in love with our new baby boys!  We feel our family is complete and are excited to love and nurture all 3 of our boys into wonderful, caring, polite and gentle young men.

No comments:

Post a Comment