Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Highlights From the Week (and a half)

I have been really bad at keeping up on this blog, one of the things I said I was going to keep up on once I stopped watching kids for the summer......well I guess it's never too late to get started to keep up!

Some highlights from the last week and a half are:

Preschool Trial and Error 

I decided to try to put Evan in an early preschool program for 2 year olds.  My thinking was that since I am going to enroll him next year as a 3 year old, this is a good way for him to become acclimated to a school setting and gets him used to structure with other kids his age.  His very fist day he was so excited and loved seeing all the new toys, activities and kids to play with, he even said goodbye to me when I left, but I received a phone call 40 minutes later Evan just wouldn't calm down.  His teachers suggested we try one more week and then maybe wait a few months to try again.  We tried again today and again it was a no go right from the get go.  He really wanted to be there but he wanted me to be there too, so when given the option to stay and play by himself or leave with mommy, he chose to leave :-(  He is just having some separation anxiety right now and hopefully in a few months we can try again successfully.

Carrying his backpack to school

He took right to the kitchen area

"Ok bye Mom!"
"I DO IT!"

Evans new favorite saying is "I DO IT!" He has become so independent which is a great thing when he is getting himself in and out of the tub, or picking out his own PJs, or putting on his rain boots...heck he can even let the dog in or outside!  But when it comes to getting dressed, pouring juice, getting food, etc. it is a long, tedious and sometimes messy task!  I am trying to get him to understand without hindering his sense of independence, that there are some things that mommy HAS to do for him or help him with....most of the time he doesn't like it, but eventually accepts it! 
Getting dressed is one thing I am trying to let go of and letting him experiment more with.  We have started out with PJs because we don't have time constraints at night and they are generally a little easier to get on.  Here is one episode of "I DO IT!" and it ONLY took him 20 minutes to get this far!

Forgot the arm holes


Somethings not right here

This works for me!
Mt. Peak

I have lived in Enumclaw for about 7 years now and have never climbed Mt. Peak (blushing).  So Evan and I decided to give it a try.  It is a wonderful, steep and peaceful hike in the woods.  Evan did a great job considering how far we went. I felt like we went a long way before Evan said "hold you" and I knew he was done walking, but I asked a passer bye how far we had made it and he told us we were only about a quarter of the way!  Oh well I will have to try it on my own next time :-)  But it was a great workout for me and fun for us both.

Collecting sticks

And cool leaves

Our hike

"Ok mommy lets go!"

Puyallup Fair

This year the Puyallup Fair was a lot of fun for Evan, and us.  He is old enough to enjoy the rides and lights and people now.  This year we didn't have to pack a diaper bag, just a diaper and wipes in my purse, and he was able to eat what we ate at the fair.  It was very enjoyable.  Evan loved the rides.  He jumped out of his stroller when he saw the Extreme Scream and yelled "Oh My Gosh!....Mama, up...down!!"  We bought him tickets to ride rides but did not trust him to ride alone for fear that he would jump out when he was "all done" so I took him on the rides we could ride together.  He absolutely LOVED the kiddie roller coaster, we went on that one twice, the train ride once and a ride that spins around really fast once.  He was not a huge fan of that one!  We went to the petting farm, ate Krusty Pup corn dogs and bought new rain boot for Evan.  It was perfect weather and a perfect family outing!

Kiddie roller coaster was a favorite

Family train ride

This one was a little too scary....no tears, but no fun either!

Fair food

Evan loved the goats


A long blog post, but it was a few posts in one!!  Time to get a grip and keep up :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment