I thought it would be a horrible battle, but it turns out that he loves having his own space and room to spread out in bed.
I made a "Evan slept in his own bed" chart and he got a star every night he stayed in bed. He also got a star on his hand. When he got 5 stars he got to pick a new toy. We did this for 4 weeks and now the chart is pointless. We read 2 stories, give him a glow stick (super cheap and fun for him), and say good night. He stays in his bed and puts himself to sleep! He stays in his bed all night and gets up around 7:30 and wakes me up asking to watch Dino Dan.
I love our new routine, and I think Evan feels so much independence at bed time now.
| Still with a binky...that is our next challenge! |
| He has to sleep with mommy's blanket and his 2 blankets....Love this kid! |
No comments:
Post a Comment