Friday, February 3, 2012

From Triplets to Twins...

We just announced (which is why I haven't blogged about it) that we are going to have identical twins in August!
We are very excited and feeling a little overwhelmed, but so happy to be introducing these new members to our family.  Now that I am at the end of my first trimester I feel more comfortable sharing the news, and Evan is starting to understand more as well....he is so excited!  He told me he was going to help me change their diapers and put cream on their butt :-)  When I ask if he wants sister or brothers he says brothers, when I ask if he wants brothers or sisters he says sisters so I think he will be happy no matter what!  We are!

Now for the title of this blog.....originally we were pregnant with identical triplets (a VERY rare occurrence) but sadly one of the babies stopped growing at about 8 weeks.
We know we are having identical twins because we used IVF to get pregnant just as we did with Evan.  We only implanted ONE embryo and that embryo split!  It was definitely a strong embryo!

We are excited for our identical babies and also looking into the future with them. Life is always an adventure with Evan and now we will have two more to come along.

This is how we made our announcement:



Our new additions:
Baby B

Baby A

No comments:

Post a Comment