Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Month in Pictures

It is not necessarily that I have been too busy in the last month in a half to write in my blog and update my son with memories and pictures, it is mostly that I have been REALLY pregnant, exhausted, sore and distracted!  I know I sound like a wimp, but carrying 2 babies is nerve-wracking and it takes a lot out of you!  Always worrying "are they both ok?", "Are they moving enough?" "Am I doing everything I should be?" Not to mention I am 6 months pregnant and I am the size of someone who is 9 months pregnant!  Blah Blah...enough whining :-)

Not a lot has changed in the last month for my first born little guy.  He is now very comfortable with using the potty and stays dry all day everyday (except when he forgets to aim...LOL) He has even mastered pooping in the toilet.  It is funny because he will ask us to go with him but he makes us stay in the next room so he can have privacy.

His memory is impeccable!  He remembers things we did or said or promised from weeks ago.  Just this morning he asked me for his baby doll that I found in storage months ago and he hasn't played with it in just as long.  He even described the doll "you know, the baby with a tummy and socks?" Too funny!

His language has taken off too.  He puts sentences together very nicely and can have complete conversations with you.  He uses opposites correctly "That ball is up, now it's down" "Right here at the top of my paper mom!" "which way are we going, right or left?"

He writes his letter E now and knows how to spell his name most of the time.  He recognizes the letters of the alphabet and numbers 1-10, he can count to 20 and is very interested in computers often asking for his own laptop.  Just the other day I came out of the shower and he had put the bumbo seat on top of the desk chair and turned on his game on the computer and started playing all by himself.  As he gets more independent I see a lot more trouble in our future...LOL

Evan is so excited to go to preschool and we talk about it all the time.  His new motto is "Mommy and Daddy ALWAYS come back!"  He has to tell himself this so that when he goes to school and I leave him he will know it's ok.  I just love this kid!  He is excited to color, paint, have circle time and play with other kids.  I think I am more nervous about it than he is!

We are also doing a lot of talking about his new brothers who are going to arrive in the next couple of months.  He is excited, he loves to help me get ready however he has reverted to playing the baby. He always wants to get in the crib, play with the baby toys, get in the exersaucer, etc.  We even have a new night time routine which I love, I rock him and sing rock-a-bye baby and you are my sunshine and then he lays in bed and we talk about the day or what we are going to do the next day.  It is a nice mommy and Evan time that I know he appreciates.

As we get closer and closer to Riley and Morgans arrival I am seeing a lot of growing and maturity in Evan.  It is sad to see him get older and grow, but is is also a joyful time knowing I am doing something right!

Writing his letter 'E'

playing at the Childrens Museum with our buddy Cannon

Hard at work digging in the mud!

Making Nana's Mothers Day card

Decorating the babies room

I love his smile!


A bucket of ice on a hot day can do wonders for a 2 year old!


Sprinkler fun!



This kid lives for mud puddles!


I am loving every bit of my life with my little guy.  I hope he stays young as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment