Sunday, June 17, 2012

An Early Birthday Present

For Evans 3rd birthday we really wanted to get him something he could enjoy for years to come as well as something special that he knew was just for him.  For his first birthday he received a Power Wheels quad and only in the last 6 months or so has he really learned how to steer it and really play with it.  This year we decided to get him a Power Wheels Dune Buggy that can drive on gravel, grass and the road.  The dune buggy arrived about a week ago and of course Tony and I were too excited NOT to give it to him!

After he went to bed one night we spent (no kidding) 2 1/2 hours putting it together! We left it sitting in the middle of the living room and went to bed knowing that Evan would be in our bed early the next morning.  While we cuddled in bed the next morning we asked him to go out to the living room to get something and then just waited.  It took him about 2-3 minutes before he came running into our room shouting "I need to show you guys something! I need to show you something! Come on I need to show you something!"  He was so excited that that was all he could say!  I wished I would have had the video camera ready!  I asked him what it was that he needed to show us and he said "It's a blue thing!  It's a BIIIIGG blue quad!"  So I grabbed the camera and we followed him into the living room.

He has been on it everyday since he got it a few days ago and he is really good at steering it, putting it in reverse and navigating where he wants to go.

It was a wonderful surprise and it was a great purchase and I am so glad we gave it to him a few weeks early.

Right after he came to get us

He loves his blue dune buggy!


"Check me out, mom!"


No comments:

Post a Comment