Monday, June 23, 2014

The Here and Now

I realized today that there are so many things that I would write down that Evan said or did as a toddler and that I noticed EVERYTHING about his development, while it seems like Morgan and Riley are growing, learning and doing cool things before my eyes and I am not able to just sit with each moment like I did with Evan.

These are some things about all 3 boys right now that I never want to forget:

Evan
  • He is so smart!  When it comes to math; patterns and numbers...it is amazing.  A couple of example off the top of my head that happened recently: While playing with a toy cash register Evan had a $10 bill, he asked me if I would like a $10 bill or a $5 bill.  I told I I wanted a $5, so he put the $10 bill in the register and took out 2 $5 bills.  I said "how did you know that 2 $5 equals $10?" and his reply was "because mom, it goes 5 and then 10 like that!" Another example is when we were playing with mega blocks he had them stacked reds and blues, except there were 2 blues in one spot and 2 reds in one spot.  Now I probably would have taken the whole thing apart and re-did it red, blue, red, blue he simply says to me "now to make it a pattern all we have to do is split this whole thing in half put this end here and this end here and now it is blue, red, blue, red....see easy peasy!"
  • He is writing and know all of his letters.  If you spell a word for him he can write it.  He is desperately trying to write numbers which is a lot harder than writing letters.  He has been working hard and is quickly progressing.  We are working on sight word recognition at home and he is so proud of himself that he is learning to read.  Now when we read at night I will point to specific sight words that I know he knows such as "it" and "the" and "be" and he will read them.  It is fun to see him so excited about learning.  I hope he continues to keep that love of learning.
  • Evan went to see his first "grown up" movie....Godzilla.  He kept seeing the advertisments for it and was counting down the days.  Tony was going to screen it before he took Evan, but Evan just couldn't wait!  He had a blast and handled it very well.
  • Evan is getting ready for early kindergarten next year and recently went through the assessments and did very well on them.  He scored 102 out of 124.  I am so proud of him and know he will succeed and do well.
Morgan
  • Morgan gives the best, big, wide open mouth kisses! 
  • Morgan has the biggest and best belly laugh and it doesn't take much to make him laugh!
  • Morgan loves to listen to and sing the Frozen songs in his own way. He sings loud in all the right parts and emphasizes every word.
  • Morgan does his own thing most of the time.  He prefers to play on his own and avoid conflict at all cost.
  • When you tell Morgan you love him he says some form of babbling that you KNOW is I love you and then emphasizes "TOO!"
  • Morgan is sweet and sensitive.  His feelings get hurt easily and he loves to just cuddle.  He avoids conflict with his brothers by just staying away from what they are doing or giving up what he has to them when they want it.
  • Morgan is mischievous and persistent. He gets into EVERYTHING that he is not supposed to be into and when he gets into trouble it doesn't phase him, he goes back for more.  WHile he avoids conflict with kids, he sure doesn't with adults!
  • Morgan makes the cutest faces! He has recently started scowling at Tony and I when he is trying to be serious or when he is showing us he is angry or sad. When he gets into something that he is not supposed to he usually brings it to our attention almost like he is tattling on himself, and tells us an entire story about it with body language and facial expressions.
  • Morgan LOVES the tag on his blue and brown blanket. He will often chew on the tag or play with it while he is watching TV or cuddling or trying to go to sleep.  When he gets serious about falling asleep his blanket goes over his head and he is out.
  • Morgan loves his sleep.  He takes long naps during the day and rarely fights going to bed at night. He does occasionally have a bad dream or something that startles him awake and he just cries and cries until he can be held for a while or sleep with us.   
Riley
  • Riley is a ham and a copy cat of Evan!
  • He loves his mama and he loves to snuggle.
  • When he wants to be held he will whine "hug you, mama, hug you!" and get very determined until you do.
  • He likes to snuggle on the green chair and watch Peppa Pig, or Bubble Guppies or Paw Patrol....He just likes to be with someone.
  • Riley has the biggest smile and heart. he truly cares for his brothers and would do anything to help them out.
  • When you say I love you to Riley he very clearly say I love you back.
  • Riley doesn't nap as long as Morgan or Evan often waking up only an hour into his nap and a little cranky as well.  He will then get snuggle time with me until his brothers wake up.
  • Riley has a replica of Evan's blanket and it has become his favorite and he has to have it to go to bed at night.
  • Riley likes to terrorizes his brothers and he does it with a smile.  He will walk by them and take their cup or toy or just push them down. Even though he is the smallest of the 3 he can definitely hold his own!
  • Riley loves Frozen just like the other boys and can sing every song in the movie....it is the cutest thing!
I never want to forget these days with my kids and they seem to fly by!  Some days I can't wait for bed time but I know these days are limited and I shouldn't take even 1 of them for granted!

I love my boys!!

 Bathtub fun! Where goofy around is the norm and penis' are ALWAYS the topic of conversation! Boys will be boys!!


 Fun at Lilly's birthday party at Peak Gymnastics....the slide is a huge hit.


 "fixing" a bike together
I love this boys laugh!

ART!

Riley is a demon on his bike

 Sprinkler fun on a hot day

My boy and his love of Dinos

 Daddy and his little buddies...he is way out numbered!

No comments:

Post a Comment