Thursday, March 29, 2012

Two More Handsome Little Boys!

Yesterday was the big day that we found out we are adding 2 new baby boys to our family!  We went to the specialist for a mid-way through pregnancy visit and found out the wonderful news!

I can't say I am shocked because I didn't have an overwhelming feeling either way, however I sort was expecting girls just because it is what everyone said we needed to have...LOL  Tony wasn't too shocked at all, he said he had a gut feeling they were boys.

Both babies look wonderful and are growing well!  They share a placenta which puts them at risk for "twin-to-twin transfusion", meaning that one could take more nutrients than the other causing the other to suffer and stop growing.  The doctors are keeping a close eye on this and so far there are no sign of this occurance! I continue to see my regular OB every 2 weeks for an ultrasound and now the perinatalogist every 3 weeks.  Needless to say it is a lot of appointments but it makes me incredibly happy to see how well they are doing so often.

Doctor says I will most likely have them around 36 weeks (mid July) and that they should be perfectly healthy!  I will most likely be on bed rest for the end of this journey and since I am already HUGE at 5 months I can expect to get a LOT more uncomfortable....uggghh!  BUT I am so grateful and thank God every day that they are growing well and are healthy!

Here are the recent ultrasound pics:
Baby A's heart rate...156 nice and healthy!

Baby A's right side profile of head

Baby B's heart rate...147 also nice and healthy!

Baby B's left side profile of head
So very blessed and thankful for my growing family!

No comments:

Post a Comment