Monday, December 10, 2012

Not All It's Cracked Up to Be

Ever since I can remember I have wanted twins.  I always had twin baby dolls and I always dressed my sister and kids I babysat as twins, however having twins of your own 24 hours a day 7 days a week is not all that it is cracked up to be!

I LOVE my baby boys and I LOVE that I have twins, but we are definitely in the throws of figuring out what works best for us as a new family of 5.  Finances are tough, stress is high, time spent with Evan has decreased which brings on a lot of mommy and daddy guilt along with the fact that we are just exhausted every single day!  Some days the boys sleep on opposite schedules so I can't get anything done, some days they cry all day, most days I feel like I am not giving any one of my children the attention they need and deserve.  Poor Evan is bored at home all day and is fighting for attention from us at a time when the babies are at their neediest.

Some days I just want to cry myself and go to bed, but then I look at all 3 of my little guys and I tell myself that this WILL pass and when it is gone it is gone.  I have to cherish this time with them but I can also remind myself that it will get better as well.  My boys are wonderful, beautiful, happy and healthy human beings......I must be doing SOMETHING right!  What more could I ask for.

The boys in their jammies at lunch time because this is how it happens a lot!   They don't care!

No comments:

Post a Comment