A lot has been going on in the last couple of months and I have been horrible at keeping up on my blog!
Evan started a new preschool at Mountain Meadow Elementary school and he LOVES it! It is a peer modeling preschool so he is 1 of 2 peer models or typically developing students and there are 4 developemtally delayed students in the classroom. He is learning so much about helping, sharing, incuding, differences, etc. I am so proud of him. He goes 4 days a week and he puts up no fight going.
Evan also started Tae Kwon Do and he also loves that. He can not wait to go every Thursday night. I am excited to see him progress and go far in Tae Kwon Do.
Evan recently started swimming lessons again and he has made great improvement since the last session. Last time he refused a male teacher, this time he is fine with it. Last time he would not jump into the pool from a standing position, now he does. He also more readily puts his face in the water and follows directions really well.
Some funny things he is saying right now is:
"I know, duh!"
"I am absolutely not going to do that!"
He says that the boys talk "baby spanish"
When my phone froze on him the other day he said "mom, I can't un-ice your phone!"
He is learning lessons right now, like how to control himself, when playtime is over and that he is actually getting bigger now so he can hurt people when he is wrestling. It is hard being 4 and learning all these new things.
Evan has a chore chart now and does daily chores such as brushing teeth, feeding the dog, getting dressed, picking up toys and shoes, etc. He earns 1 star for each chore completed and at the end of the week he gets a dime for each star. He is learning that 10 dimes equals 1 dollar and he is also learning that if he doesn't keep up with his chores he doesn't earn as much money. I am proud of how quickly he picked up the chore chart and loves it.
Morgan is into E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G! If it is not a toy and it is something he is not supposed to be into then he is in it. He will not play with the multitude of toys in the living room, but he will dump them and use the containers to climb up onto the couch and get into other things. He is into every kitchen cupboard and drawer. Our house is filled with child locks, bungee cords and yard sticks that are keeping drawers and cabinets shut.
Morgan is still very soft spoken unless he is angry. He is still not talking (much). Occasionally I will think I hear him say 'mama' or 'nana' and I even thought I heard him mimic Evan say 'okok', but for the most part he walks around making grunting noises and soft little sounds like he is trying to tell you a story (and I believe he is by the expressions on his face). When he is upset or mad he is loud. He cries hard (out of breath hard) and he throws things and bangs his head. We have our work cut out for us with him!
Morgan likes to hug and love, but only for a minute then he has to get back to playing. Morgan had a minor surgery this month to have his tear duct unclogged. It was so fast and he was such a trooper, it was like nothing happened at all!
Riley has turned a corner in his personality and his attitude. He seems to be a lot less frustrated in the last couple of months (perhaps since he could walk) and he is really starting to talk. Riley is also into everything, but he is following his brother. He is also perfectly content sitting on the floor with a book or some cars and playing all by himself.
Riley talk a lot now. He can repeat a lot of words you ask him to. Some of his most frequent words are mama, dada, uh-oh, ball, baoon (balloon), hi, baby, bath and just today he said mess after he was done with lunch.
Riley has a great sense of humor. He loves to laugh and play and wrestle. Riley also loves music and is always dancing when he hears it.
This is a huge improvement to the Riley we had just a few months ago who constantly cried. I am so glad he is happier and less frustrated.
Tony is still working tirelessly to find a job, but in the mean time he is being a stay at home daddy and he is ok with it. I am subbing (albeit not that much) and trying to gain as much experience as I can so that I can get a job next year. I have a 3 day job coming up next week and a job this week and I have been staying busy with a few appointments for the kids this month.
No comments:
Post a Comment