Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Day in the Life of Evan

From the moment Evan wakes up he is a pretty happy guy.  Usually I am awake and taking some time for myself and he runs out of bed (our bed) and immediately into my arms, I love this time of day.  Sometimes I will not hear him and he pops his head around the corner of the living room with a big smile on his cute little face and says "HI MOM!"  We always have our cuddle time and watch a little TV, then we start our day.  Most days I can shower without him, but there are days that he just has to be involved so he jumps in the shower with me.  He LOVES his showers and just standing under the stream of water with a car in each hand.  We get dressed and decide what to do.  Clean the house, play outside, go to the park....who knows but each day bring new and exciting adventures for my little guy who is learning so much.  Just today he was playing play dough when he brought me a big blob of it and said "I did it!"  When I get really excited and tell him he did a good job he says "Awesome!"  Everything is exciting to him and its all new.  I wish he would remember these carefree days.  He eats a good lunch, loves strawberries and yogurt, and uses his fork and spoon like a pro.  Nap time comes and we cuddle in bed until he falls asleep.  Again he wakes up so happy and ready to go.  My son never sits still!  The afternoon brings more playtime and then dinner.  At dinner he eats what we eat.  No making something different for him.  He loves steak and broccoli and of course noodles.  Evan gets a bath and I can leave him alone in there now if I am close by.  This is my time to put laundry away and Evan plays so well on his own (although he makes a huge mess!) Evan and Tony and I sit, play, watch TV and then Evan is ready for bed.  He usually tells us when he is ready and does a great job going down (most nights).  The whole day is my favorite, but I love crawling into bed next to him and Tony and sleeping as a family (even if Evan is a bed hog) I know he is safe and sound where he is, and that helps me sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment