Saturday we went to Bellingham to see Nana and Papa and new baby Madison. Evan fell in love with her at first sight. He wasn't too sure what to make of Auntie Randi not being pregnant any more, and then seeing Madison he just lit right up! While I was holding Madison, Evan told her the longest story I have ever heard him tell. Of course it was in his own words, but I could make out bits of information such as Nana and Papa, mommy and daddy, Matt and Randi, outside, swing, Jana the dog and more. After we ate dinner we set him up on the couch to hold Madison and the smile never left his face. He looked so proud, he is going to be a wonderful big brother some day....I WILL make it happen :-) When we got home Evan named his baby doll Madison and then took her for a ride in his truck.
A proud cousin....
She's "tute" mama!
Taking a picture break
Check out the lawn mowing outfit!
Later on that day we decided to drive up Mt. Rainier a little ways. We got just to Crystal and then we pulled off on to a fire service road for a little "off roading" mild style :-) We drove about 2.5 miles and then stopped to stretch our legs and look at the view. We were parked next to a pretty big drop off which made Tony REALLY nervous about letting Evan get out, and although I was nervous too we let Evan out close to us. He saw the moon in the middle of the day, an airplane and the mountain at its clearest. He sat in a meadow of tall grass and flowers and had fun just looking around. What a beautiful day.
We enjoy the beauty that is in our backyard, and appreciate the view from the eyes of a 2 year old!
No comments:
Post a Comment