So, many people don't know this about our family but we recently went through the heartbreak of a miscarriage. After YEARS of trying to conceive on our own, we were referred to Seattle Reproductive Medicine and decided to go the In Vetro Fertilization route. Out of that experience we got our BEAUTIFUL little boy on the first try! We also got 5 more embryos that we had frozen so that we could give Evan a younger sibling some day. In March of this year we did our first attempt with frozen embryos, unfortunately it was unsuccessful. But we had 3 more embryos and we were ready to give it another try! We did just that in June of this year and happily found out we were pregnant! We were so excited we even told Evan that there was a baby in my tummy (it's a good thing he doesn't understand yet). Sadly on the day we had an ultrasound to see the heartbeat, we found out that we were in the process of miscarrying. Heartbroken, I knew I needed to stay strong. After all I had a wonderful little boy to take care of. I went home and held him tighter than ever and he kept me going. While I am still in mourning, I am moving on. We have no more frozen embryos and have exhausted our resources. We are now in the process of getting the funding to do just one more fresh cycle, after all Evan was a product of a fresh cycle and research shows that frozen embryos are not as viable as fresh ones. While I am sure many people think we should stop and not spend any more money on this, it is a decision that Tony and I have made. I don't want to question myself in a few years and wonder "what if". What if I tried one more time? Would we have another child? I will not feel complete if I don't. Moving forward. Going into a little debt. Having another child.....priceless!
No comments:
Post a Comment