Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Cookies

Yesterday Evan and I made sugar cookies and we had a blast! 

Evan loved spreading the flour out over the cutting board and rolling out the dough.  He decided the shapes we were going to make and I cut them out (he wasn't too interested in that part).  We even formed the letters of his name into cookies and he made a snake :-)

When it was time to decorate Evan ONLY wanted to do the sprinkles and he got very carried away, but what is the fun of making cookies when you can't make them how you want?!  Needless to say every cookie got a LOT of sprinkles! 

When he got a taste of frosting he lost all interest in sprinkles and decided he was going to eat frosting (I had to nix it after a few minutes), Later in the day he told me he had a tummy ache....hmmmm I wonder why!

Lastly, while decorating and eating Evan says "Mommy, I feel happy!"  Ditto Evan.  Mommy feels happy too.  Just being your mom makes me so happy.

Spreading flour
Rolling the dough
I asked him to smile, this is what I got!
My sweet boy....Love him
LOTS of sprinkles for every cookie!
"I'm done with blue, now I need pink....pleeeaasssse mom?"
Sprinkling the letters of his name
Our finished products.  Don't they look delicious?!?
Tasting the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment