Evan never ceases to amaze me.
At school his teachers tell me he has a hard time sitting to do written work, and a lot of worksheets that he brings home are just scribbled on. I have told myself that this is no big deal. It is not quite age-appropriate yet for him to be able to sit for long periods and practice writing letters and lets face it, sitting for any period of time, especially to draw or color, is not Evans thing yet.
However, when he was just 2 and we got him an art easel at a garage sale he painted a rainbow out of the blue....Mommy was proud about that! Then when we did a scavenger hunt for Tony's birthday Evan recreated the map on the white board and when he saw a sky scraper in the sky he immediately drew what he saw. For Valentines day he attempted to write his name on a few valentines and did pretty well. The other day he drew me a smiley face on the white board and when I asked him to draw a birthday card for Nana, I did not expect 2 letters of his name and shapes with no scribbles!
So he is listening and learning at his own pace on his own time. I know he will not always be able to do this, but I sure am proud that my little guy is so smart!
 |
| Age 2 - drawing a rainbow |
 |
| Writing his name on his valentines |
 |
| A face |
 |
| Birthday card for Nana with a clear 'E' and 'A' and almost an 'N' and a face |
 |
Drawing the sky scraper he saw
I just love this little guy and all his smarts! |
No comments:
Post a Comment