Thursday, August 18, 2011

My Animated Little Boy

Lately Evan has been so animated.  He uses his hands, body and face to tell me so much and I absolutely love it! 

We had a baby girl at our house the other day and she was crawling around and started crying.  Evan comes to me and says "Mama, Alexis waaaaaaa!"  All the while he is crawling on the ground and making the cutest little face showing me exactly how she is doing it.

When it is time to mow the lawn Evan gets so excited and scratches his fingers on the floor making a sort of lawn mower noise and then says "Mama, mow the lawn!"

Today the neighbor was driving a large tractor that was picking up the field clippings for hay and shooting them into a trailer.  Evan was fascinated and again did his lawn mower movement but added a "whooshing" for the shooting it into the trailer part.  This time in his excitement he was yelling "Mama, tractor, dirt, whoosh, mower, lawn, grass!"  He just couldn't decide what to say!

When the little boy I watch (who is the same age as Evan) cries Evan comes to me and lets me know by mimicking his wail and the showing me what happened.  He fell....Evan throws himself to the floor, his sister hit him...Evan hits himself. 

The little girl I watch was crying as she was getting into her van to go home, Evan said "Mama, Autumn waaaaaaaaa....baby!"  He was telling me she was being a baby at 4 years old! This kid kills me!

While I can't get pictures of his animations, nor do I ever have the video camera ready for such occasions...I will always remember them!

My Animated Little Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment