Most recent is the issue of training him to sleep in his own bed. When I put him to bed at night it takes a good hour and most of that hour is spent with me nagging, yelling, begging and pleading with him to just lay down and go to sleep. But what he is really after is the place where he has slept his entire little life....my bed. He asks "mommy hold you?" and I have to tell him that he needs to be a big boy and sleep in his own bed now, but really does he have to be a big boy....he is only 2! I guess when he is 10 I will say the same thing and it will only get harder, but right now it breaks my heart to deny him when he just wants what is familiar. When I go to sleep I feel a little sad and regret telling him to be a big boy, but I guess he has to start somewhere, perhaps it's me that is having the hardest time of all.
If it is this hard to teach him to sleep in his own bed, what is it going to be like to take away the binky?!?
| Napping in my bed after SOAKING his bed the night before, my little big boy |
No comments:
Post a Comment